Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results oriented Analyst to join the Tax Operations group. The group is part of the Investment Administration department within the Operations area. The department is responsible for the global trade processing, asset servicing, operational taxes, fixed income analytics, valuation and accounting and works closely with portfolio managers, traders, risk management, legal and compliance.
Tax Operations is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate tax treatment is achieved on the fund’s investments. Operational taxes in a global context offers numerous complex challenges and the fund’s tax compliance is of high importance to Norges Bank Investment Management. The group has the responsibility to implement and maintain a robust operational process to support investments in more than 70 countries, which includes continuous development of tax controls, monitoring and analysing market changes and managing tax filings and reclaims in relevant countries. Tax Operations is also responsible for KYC related communication towards NBIM’s trading counterparties.
You will be a key contributor to a small and dedicated team. Your analytical and problem-solving skills will be challenged on a wide range of tasks in a rapidly changing, global environment. There will be great development opportunities for the right candidate to shape the role according to his or her own interests and competencies.
The position is located in Oslo and will report to the Head of Tax Operations. Some travel should be expected.
· Providing support to investment teams and following up day-to-day tax issues
· Performing data analysis and preparing reports for key stakeholders
· Monitoring changes in tax laws or administrative practices and analysing operational implications, including tax aspects of new investments
· Contributing to the development of the team’s function with a focus on automation. Utilisation of new technology and programming tools will be encouraged
· Maintaining and developing external vendor relationships with custodian, operational tax advisor and a global network of tax agents
· Participating in project work and handling ad-hoc requests covering a broad scope of topics
· Supporting tax filings and documentation processes
Main Qualifications: The successful applicant will have the following background / skills
- Master’s degree in finance or economics with strong academic records
· Relevant work experience from the financial industry, audit or consultancy firm is an advantage, but recent graduates are also encouraged to apply
· Knowledge of IT and/ or programming tools, or an interest in developing new IT skills including how to utilise databases using SQL, Python, Excel and SharePoint
· No tax experience required. Extensive training will be provided
· Self-driven and analytical
· Structured and detail oriented
· High level of integrity with an ability to learn and an ambition to excel
· Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. NBIM has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Mads Elvenes, Head of Tax Operations at +47 979 52 201. Please note we will only accept online applications via the recruitment portal on www.nbim.no
Deadline for applications is the 18th of August 2019.
Søk på stillingen