Just as we invest for the long term, we take a long-term perspective when it comes to our staff. An internship could be the start of a long career in the fund.
As an intern you get a unique opportunity to contribute to the fund early on and to learn from top professionals.
During the internship you will receive a full introduction to the organisation. You will meet senior managers and employees from across the organisation. You will have a variety of development opportunities, including skills-based boot camps, team projects and a lunchtime lecture series.
To thrive in a competitive, hard-working and high-performing organisation, we nurture a culture where our employees can have fun at work. There will also be social events and team activities where you will have the opportunity to network with other summer interns in other organisations.
Personal and professional development opportunities
As an intern, you will work on your own project within a specific department, such as investment management, risk management, corporate governance and compliance or technology. Just a few examples of previous projects were “machine learning”, “annual sustainability disclosure assessment” and “analysis of the apparel retail e-commerce sector in Europe”.
A dedicated manager will set your day-to-day tasks and guide you with your project. You will also receive a ‘buddy’ to support you in your role. At the end of the eight weeks, you will be given the opportunity to present your work to your team and senior managers.
We are looking for a group of students with different mindsets, who are comfortable in taking risks. We strive to have an environment where we do not fear failure, as failure helps us learn and improve.
The programme is for current students who have:
- initiative, curiousity and a desire to learn
- a strong team mindset and a high degree of flexibility
- an international mindset
- resilience and ability to take risks
- knowledge and an understanding of the fund's mission and mandate, its importance to the Norwegian people and how you can support this
- an interest in a job with a real purpose
The intern positions are recruited every autumn, joining Norges Bank Investment Management the following summer. Applications for the 2022 summer internship opened on 1 September and closed on 17 October. We hope to receive your application for the 2023 programme.
- 1Fill in your resume in the application formTo apply, fill in your resume in the application form. Please put preferred areas of working in the application. Other relevant documents can be uploaded.
- 2Convert your grades to Grade Point average (GPA)Please convert your grades to Grade Point Average (GPA) in the application form.GPA converter
- 3Initial HR interviewThe strongest applicants will be invited to complete an initial HR interview.
- 4Selected candidates will be invited to an assessment centreFurther, selected candidates will be invited to an assessment organised by relevant business areas. During the selection process you will meet managers and relevant staff.
- 5Final interview with the relevant teamsWe will invite the top candidates for final interviews with the relevant teams at Norges Bank Investment Management before we make our offers for the positions.
Do you have any further questions?
Please contact us at: [email protected]
Applicants must be of sound character with personal finances in order and must be security approved in accordance with Norges Bank’s rules. Applicants will be required to submit a police certificate of conduct. Education and work experience will be verified.
Last saved: 01/09/2021