Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results-orientated Junior End User Support Engineer to join the Technology and Support department. Technology and Support is part of Norges Bank Investment Management Operations and has responsibility for our technology platform. We have recently moved our entire datacenter infrastructure to Public Cloud and taken internal operational responsibility of the IT estate.
The main objective of this entry level role is to ensure the services we provide to our end user are in line with the needs of our customers. End User Services is a central part of Norges Bank Investment Management’s Technology & Support Department and we are instrumental in delivering IT services to the organisation.
Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture, and we believe in delegation. You will be given the opportunity to excel and to make an impact. The right candidate for this position will be motivated by the idea of this challenge, if you are eager to learn new technologies and help to develop our future ways of working with End User Services in a secure manner, then this is a unique way to build a career in IT in Asset Management.
You will be joining the global End User Services team from Norges Bank Investment Management Singapore office, and reporting to Head of End User Services. Some travel is required. Our Singapore team supports our Singapore, Shanghai and Tokyo offices.
The role is based in Singapore.
You will be exposed to learning and understanding tools and services such as:
• IT Incident handling and management
• SharePoint administration and management
• Microsoft Endpoint management
• Microsoft 365 based collaboration services
• Asset Management in a global organisation, working across time zones & teams
• Constant change, development and innovation
• Encouraged to challenge the status quo
• Develop a DevOps mindset
Technically you will be learning about the following:
• The full suite of Microsoft 365 services
• Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams etc.
• Developing knowledge of PowerShell or equivalent scripting language
• Exposure to System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Intune device management
• Learning SCRUM and Agile methodologies
We are looking for a curious people with some of the following characteristics :
• B.Sc or M.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline
• Willingness to willingness to collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization and exhibit a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
• Passion to work directly with end users to solve issues
• Desire to understand and contribute to the processes in Norges Bank Investment Management
• Willingness to challenge the status quo, we encourage this
• International independent mindset with an eagerness to learn
• Build relationships with end users and stakeholders
• Ambition to excel and high level of integrity
• Self-sufficient and proactive team player, curious to look beyond your job description to help others
• Desire to be part of a team across the whole of the Singapore office
• Ability to take ownership of issues and have a problem-solving mindset
This role will support the Asian Trading Desk. As such, there will be a requirement to work onsite shift patterns on rotation with the wider team to cover Asia trading hours (from 7.30 am local time). Candidates should be willing to work outside of core hours (i.e. Asia business hours) in a shift model
Please note: Out of hours and weekend cover may be required
What we offer
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation which consists of 37 nationalities. English as our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
• Competitive Base Salary
• Gender – neutral leave, Maternity and Paternity Leave
• Health Insurance including dental
• Income Protection
• Defined Pension contribution
• 25 days holiday
• Support to take necessary courses and certifications to keep up with the technology.
Contact Details Unfortunately, you cannot apply for this role on-line at NBIM.no. All questions regarding the position and applications may be directed to Manpower Staffing : Gracie Marcojos [email protected]
(R1110449) EA License No: 02C3423 D: +65-6551-5589
Please specify in your cover letter why this position is would help you develop your career and why you want to work with technology and people.
Opening dates for applications 15th September 2020
Deadline for application is 29th September 2020
No Agencies please