Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated professional for a role as Portfolio Manager in the Renewable Energy Infrastructure Team. The team is an integral part of Norges Bank Investment Management’s Equity investment area and is responsible for the build-up of Norges Bank Investment Management portfolio of unlisted investments in renewable energy infrastructure assets.
The investment mandate to Norges Bank Investment Management will include the ability to invest in unlisted renewable energy infrastructure from 1 January 2020. The investment strategy will initially focus on establishing joint ventures partnerships related to wind and solar assets in Europe and the United States.
Your role will be material in the group’s efforts to source, invest and hold equity and/or debt interests in renewable infrastructure.
The position is in Oslo. Travel will be required.
- Sourcing and analyzing investment opportunities
- Identifying, negotiating and establishing joint venture relationships and investment platforms
- Developing and maintaining relationships with partners and other third parties
- Monitoring investments and relationships
- Leading and executing transactions
- Driving the investment process
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal clients and stakeholders
- Contributing to a hardworking, high-performing team with a focus on results
- Represent Norges Bank Investment Management on portfolio Boards
- Master’s degree with strong academic records
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in investments, of which minimum 5 years related to renewable infrastructure as a principal
- An identifiable track record as both a relationship builder and originator
- Experience investing in joint venture structures
- Past experience investing in both equity and debt is an advantage
- Accomplished negotiator, demonstrated results and commitment to long term goals
- Extensive financial modelling skills
- Proactive and self-driven work style and a good team player
- Ambition to excel
- High level of integrity
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Contact details - Questions regarding the position may be directed to our search partners at Boyden Global Executive Search. In Oslo please contact Birger M. Svendsen; email [email protected] ; phone m) +47 91 75 38 57 and in London Francesca d´Arcangeli; email [email protected]; phone m) +44 7879 359306
Please note you cannot apply for this role online.
Deadline for applications is 25th September 2019