The results in brief
- The Government Pension Fund Global returned 7.2 percent, or 199 billion kroner, in the third quarter, driven by gains in global stock and bond markets. The result exceeded the return on the fund’s benchmark portfolio
by 0.4 percentage point.
- The fund’s equity investments returned 9.8 percent, beating the benchmark by 0.3 percentage point.
- The fund’s fixed-income holdings returned 3.4 percent, surpassing the benchmark by 0.5 percentage point.
- The fund’s market value rose 116 billion kroner to 2,908 billion kroner.
- The fund was invested 60.4 percent in equities and 39.6 percent in fixed-income securities at the end of the quarter.