3Q 2009 Quarterly report
The return on the Government Pension Fund – Global was 13.5 percent (NOK 325 billion) in the third quarter. The record-high quarterly return can be attributed to a sharp rise in international equity markets and a normalisation of fixed income markets.
20 November 2009
The results in brief
- The return on the Government Pension Fund – Global was 13.5 percent in the third quarter, the best quarterly result ever.
- The third-quarter return exceeded the return on the benchmark portfolio by 1.5 percentage points.
- The return amounted to NOK 325 billion in the third quarter and NOK 529 billion in the first nine months of the year.
- The value of the fund increased to NOK 2 549 billion.
- Uncertainty in financial markets decreased further and equity markets climbed sharply.