Personal data we collect
During our recruitment process, Norges Bank will collect the following types of personal data directly from you:
- Identification data and contact details, such as your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact information
- Employment history and background information, such as previous employers, job titles/positions, and academic/professional qualifications, job qualifications, education, details included in your CV/Resume, and employment references
- Other information you provide voluntarily throughout the process, including through interviews
We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as
- Information provided by recruitment agencies
- Information provided by your named referees in response to reference requests
- Results from personality, skills and ability tests conducted by third party vendors
- Information collected from publicly available sources, such as LinkedIn, news reports etc.
- Information about where you found and applied for the position, such as through LinkedIn, Finn.no etc.
- Information provided by background check agencies (successful candidates only), including criminal background and credit checks, in each case where permissible by and in accordance with applicable law.
How we use your personal data
Your personal data is used to assess your skills, qualifications and background for a particular role, to communicate with you, to carry out reference checks and to generally manage the recruitment process. For successful candidates we may carry out background checks and verification of your experience and academic and professional qualifications, in each case where permissible by and in accordance with applicable law. You will receive further information about these checks where relevant.
Sharing of personal data
Your personal data may be accessed by authorised personnel in Norges Bank, including recruiters, interviewers and other staff involved in our recruitment process. In certain processes, external advisors and recruitments agencies may be given access to your personal data in order to assist Norges Bank in the recruitment process.
Our recruitment system Webcruiter is provided by Talentech AS who may access your data for the purpose of operating the system. Any data processed by Talentech on our behalf is subject to a data processing agreement which ensures your rights are maintained and that your data remains secure. Further information about processing of personal data in Webcruiter.
If your application for employment is successful, we may share your information with background check providers to verify your information and to obtain necessary background checks.
Norges Bank is required by law to prepare a list of applicants for all roles. This list may be publicly disclosed if we receive a request for access under the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act. If you want to be excluded from the public applicants list, please indicate so in the application form. We will contact you if we are unable to comply with your request.
Legal basis for processing personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal data falls into the following categories:
- Performance of a contract: We process personal data to perform our obligations under an agreement we have with you or to take steps prior to entering an employment contract with you, where you are considered for employment.
- Consent: In some cases, we ask you for your consent to process your personal data, such as to assess your suitability for future roles that may become available and when you take personality, skills and ability tests to assess your suitability for the role. You can withdraw your consent at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- Legitimate Interest: We process certain data for our legitimate interests. These legitimate interests include, for example, administering an efficient recruitment process and managing applicants effectively.
- Other legal bases: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as when preparing applicant lists and when conducting certain background checks. We also may need to process your personal data to in response to a court or regulator order or to exercise, establish, or defend legal claims.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data is kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We require any third parties we use for processing your personal data to do the same.
For recruitment to Norges Bank Investment Management only: Norges Bank Investment Management is a global organisation. Your personal information may therefore be accessed by authorised personnel in all our offices, both within and outside the European Economic Area (EEA). All use of personal information is governed by our global personal data framework, implementing the EU General Data Protection Regulation across all our offices to ensure the same level of protection of personal data throughout our organisation. A public version of this framework is available on www.nbim.no. The transfer of personal data to our offices outside the EEA is authorized by the Norwegian Data Protection Authorities ("Datatilsynet").
How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal data collected as part of a recruitment process will be retained in Webcruiter for 12 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process, but will thereafter be deleted. Norges Bank is legally obliged to preserve certain records, such as a list of applicants and documentation relating to successful applicants, permanently in our archiving system.
If you have registered your CV in Norges Banks’ CV database you may delete this yourself by logging into your account. CVs that are not edited or updated will be automatically deleted after 1 year.
Your rights and how to contact us
You have the right to
- request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- request restriction on your personal data, or object to the processing of your personal data which is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- lodge a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority if you believe Norges Bank is processing your personal data in violation of applicable personal data legislation.
For recruitment to Norges Bank Investment Management:
- Lodge a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority or another supervisory authority if you believe Norges Bank is processing your personal data in violation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation; other relevant privacy law, or our global personal data protection framework.
You are under no obligation to provide us with your personal data during the recruitment process. However, some personal data is mandatory in order for us to consider your application.
You can delete, upload and edit your personal data by logging into your user account. Please note that applications and CVs that are submitted for a specific role may not be edited or deleted after the application closing date.
Norges Bank is the controller in relation to your personal data and has its head office at Bankplassen 2, P.O. Box 1179 Sentrum, 0107 Oslo, Norway.
Last saved: 05/07/2022