The results in brief
- The Government Pension Fund Global returned -5.4 percent in the second quarter of 2010, pulled down by a decline in global equity markets. The result was in line with the return on the fund’s benchmark portfolio.
- The fund’s equity investments returned -9.2 percent, lagging the return on the benchmark portfolio by 0.03 percentage point.
- Fixed-income investments returned 1 percent, exceeding the benchmark by 0.06 percentage point.
- The market value of the fund rose 29 billion kroner to 2,792 billion kroner.
- Inflows of new capital to the fund totalled 35 billion kroner. Most of the capital went to fixed-income purchases.
- The fund’s investments consisted of 59.6 percent equities and 40.4 percent fixed-income securities at the end of the quarter. Second quarter of 2010 in brief Published.