The results in brief
- The Government Pension Fund Global returned 9.6 percent, or 264 billion kroner, in 2010, helped by gains in global stock and bond markets. The result exceeded the return on the fund’s benchmark indices by 1.1 percentage points.
- Equity investments returned 13.3 percent, while fixed-income investments returned 4.1 percent, measured in the fund’s international currency basket.
- The market value of the fund rose 437 billion kroner to 3,077 billion kroner.
- The fund was invested 61.5 percent in equities and 38.5 percent in fixed-income securities at the end of the year.
- The fund’s first real estate investment was announced on 4 November 2010.